Friday, May 20, 2005

April Showers

...bring May flowers, but what the fuck good is torrential rain in May? It's dark at 1 in the afternoon, and it sounds like the sky is breaking. It's supposed to be nice and warm and sunny, dammit!

You think I'm exaggerating, check this out: For Portland, the normal rainfall for the water year (since October 1) is 31.32 inches. We've been in a drought all winter and spring. Last March I think we were only at like, 60% of normal rainfall for the water year. As of May 18, we were at 73%. As of yesterday, we are at 76%. That means in only one day we got an entire 3% closer to normal rainfall. That is insane. By the end of today, we'll probably be close to 80% normal. I'm happy that we won't be in a drought this summer (hopefully), but I'm pissed that I can't barbeque yet.

No comments: