Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I haven't posted all week. I've been feeling like a bit of a fwumpus since I not only quit smoking a coupla weeks ago but my Aunt Flo came to visit this week, too. I've put on a few pounds, so I've been cooking healthy dinners that are not very cohesive or photogenic. Last night I made some salmon and leftover linguine with kai lan and pancetta. It was good, but at the end of the meal I felt as though I'd just eaten 1 protein, 1 fat and 2 carb. I wanted dessert desperately, but didn't feel like baking or going to the store. Insert angry face emoticon here.

And oh shit I have been tagged by Pixie and now I have some sparkles on me. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a lovely girl and I enjoy her blog. She made her own pink marshmallows, for fuck's sake (which means we should be bff irl). Gah, everyone is gonna think my lack of enthusiasm means I'm an asshole.

Since I don't want people to think I'm an asshole, I will play along. (Thanks for picking me, Pix! I actually am flattered for real.) These are the rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). 4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.

1. Post a link to my tagger. Check, done. And post these rules. Done.

2. Say 5 things about myself that you all don't already know.

  1. Did you ever know that I fucking hate these memes with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns? The only reason I'm playing along is because, unlike in a chain letter, everyone will know if I don't.
  2. I live approximately one city block away from the elementary school that I went to. Just ended up that the only affordable neighborhood left in SE Portland was the one in which I grew up.
  3. I have had two video game reviews published on a semi-reputable gaming message board called f13.net. They are now archived and you can't find them anymore. The point is that I'm a geek beyond food. I play video games.
  4. I was voted Most Artistic by my senior class (and also my fifth grade class), but became a scientist anyway.
  5. I married a man whose last name is my mother's maiden name. It's a very common name, but I still like to joke that the reason the sex is so hot is because we're cousins.

3. Fuck, now I hafta tag five hapless victims.

Nilmandra (aka Mario and the Peach) at Soy and Pepper

Peter the Greek at Kalofagas

Emiline the Fairy at Sugar Plum

Nuria (aka Caliente Mamacita) at Spanish Recipes

and Ben the Bespectacled at What's Cooking?

TAG. You're it.

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THESE PEOPLE TO STOP THIS NONSENSE AND NOT PARTICIPATE. Only if that's how they feel. I will not think less of them for letting it die here.

10 comments:

Peter M said...

You suck! Now I have to divulge bad things about myself, very bad things.

PS, Aunt Flo eh? I bet you wear "wings"! lol

Heather said...

Haha don't make me kill you.

Ivy said...

Heather I saw your comment on Peter's blog and it arouse my curiosity gal. I love your sense of humor. It would be cool if they did participate.

Emily said...

I'll do it! I would liked to have tagged you, but I can't.

#5 is the best, but congrats on being voted most artistic.
In 6th grade, I was voted most congenial, but that turned out not true.

Pixie said...

Heather I chose you for a reason lol I knew you would come up with a great entry. Killing the meme? Oh how low! :)

Heather said...

Ben's comment just makes me suspect there is one of two things in his closet: a marijuana grow room or a pile of dead hookers. ;)

Ivy, I've seen you around the way, Ms. Thang. :) Thanks for dropping by!

Emiline, it's better to be voted Most Congenial than Most Congenital.

Oh, Pixie Stix, I knew there had to be a reason you chose me! I actually am looking forward to seeing what people say about it on their own pages. :)

Emily said...

Ben has a big stash of pot in his closet.

Good luck in the joust! Maybe my sister and I might have voted for you??

-Signed
Miss Congenital 2008

Anonymous said...

Seems like this tagging frenzy has been creepin' up on us all. It brings back all these painful memories, doesn't it? hehe

Sex btw cousins is supposed to be hotter? Damn, i learned something today!

Núria said...

Hola Guapa! I'm late posting, visiting blogs and I will be late in this one too... but I will do it, maybe in a day or two. I can't wait to see all your sins... and show you mine!!! he, he!

Thistlemoon said...

blahahahaha! This is too funny. Well at least Ivy, aka Ms. Thang, tagged me so I don't have to go cry.